Ok...so...I went to the store this morning after work to get our "eat clean" groceries. I feel like such a moron because I was going over the list last night at work and kept having to google some of the foods because I didn't know what they were. HA Loser! I mean I've never bought Fennel before what the heck is fennel?? Well I found the fennel and a slew of other produce that I needed and headed over to the "healthy lifestyle" isle where I got some organic popcorn, sunflower seeds, organic honey and ground flaxseed. As I picked up the $8 bag of flaxseed I think I started to well up thinking, "oh no I don't even have that much stuff in my cart and there goes my bonus shift I just worked last night!" I was definitely walking around the store with a frustrated look on my face I'm sure. Anyways next went to look for balsamic vinegar. Did you know there are about 30 types and brands of balsamic vinegar!! I think the most expensive I saw was $23 for a medium size bottle. I chose the cheap, HEB brand one and moved on. Found the Soba Japanese noodles, low-sodium soy sauce and the sea salt. Couldn't find avocado oil, coconut butter or agave nectar so I guess I'll have to make a run to New Flower or Central Market to find those. So I made it home without breaking the bank or having a breakdown in the store. I guess I'd rather "pay" for my health now, than "pay" for my bad health later.
Anyhoo, got home and went to bed and slept til about 1:30pm. Got up and had a bowl of my Ezekiel cereal that I found at the store with skim milk and raspberries. Wasn't too bad. :) Ehran got off to work and now I need to purge out the fridge and pantry. The pantry is what gets us because there are all kinds of carbohydrates, sugar, fats and salty food. ugggg Then to clean up the house a bit and go to my parent's house later.
WAY TO GO JILL!!! I agree, the pantry is what gets us into trouble too. LOTS of great tasting food loaded with nasty stuff. :)
ReplyDeleteYou are doing awesome. One day at a time!!!
Kudos! You're doing a fabulous job. I'm taking the smallest baby steps imaginable as far as diet and exercise go because I'm a flake. Lol. Proud of you, though. Keep it up!
ReplyDeletegood job, sweety! :)
ReplyDeleteWay to go. I was frusterated too when I was look for Wheat Germ. Had no idea what that was. Good for you!
ReplyDelete